Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Help us grow Track it Forward and make it better! Suggest new ideas, improvements to the current site, and vote on other ideas. We will be reviewing this list constantly and using the suggestions and the amount of votes they have to decide on what to build next! — James

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Organize volunteers by name

An option for organizers to sort volunteer approvals by name. It would be so much easier to sort for organizing purposes. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hour Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HTML capabilities in event descriptions

Would be great to highlight certain information within the event description via HTML formatting (eg: bold, underline, bullet points etc)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event wait list feature

Incorporate a way for volunteers to sign up to a wait list if a particular shift or event is full. This would help reduce the effect of late cancellations. Currently achieving this by adding an additional shift labelled 'WAIT LIST' but a set feature could be useful.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability for "outside" organizers to verify attendance/approve

We serve lots of "outside" community organizations. Would there be a way to allow those event organizers to approve/verify hours on-site, without giving them access to all information and permissions? Currently, we have to wait on sign-in sheets or other "verification" methods from individual organizations before we can approve submissions. And sometimes those don't come without prodding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteer management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Military time for log

I would be really helpful if we could log hours in military time instead of am/pm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. email notification to volunteers once their hours were approved

Hi,
    Currently when approving hours, we can only Approve hours or "Decline & Send".
    It would be great to be able to notify volunteers via email when their hours were approved - for example by adding "Approve & Send" button.

Thank you!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable volunteer hours after a certain date

Can there be an option for disabling volunteers to log hours after a certain date. Example: Disable logging hours for dates 7 days prior to current date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Hour Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow configuration to change "shift" to a different term.

The phrasing of "shifts" in the events and volunteer registration has caused a lot of confusion for many of our volunteers. About half of our offerings are educational workshops, and the volunteers see the term shift and think they will be working and not learning. Being able to control the language in this instance will cause less confusion for users as well as a reduction in time spent by the volunteer manager responding to these inquiries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Help Wanted Section

Where teachers can post things they need help with but there's not a set and final date of event.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email to user once their accounts are approved

It would be nice for users to have confirmation that their account has been approved.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to produce a report of total hours by category per volunteer

Need to be able to produce a report with Volunteer name, email and total hours per category that does not show each detailed entry.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create event over multiple days

Some of our activities require volunteers from Friday evening to Sunday evening - it would be good to see the volunteer activity show as three days vs one in the calendar.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Volunteer export based on different criteria

It would be great if each volunteer could export their hours based on different criteria. We would love for volunteers to generate their own reports based on activity, so that they can get their total hours for each kind of activity that we have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customizable event registration

I would like to be able to customize event registration. I would like to be able to add fields such as t-shirt size, location preference for volunteering, number of people attending (if a group), etc.

This advanced registration option would allow you to gather information about your volunteer that is specific to your organization!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be nice to create volunteer shifts for programs, similar to the event sign-up feature

It would be nice to have a separate feature for volunteers to be able to sign-up for general volunteer shifts for certain programs, not just events. It would basically have the same concept and process as the events sign-up feature. Field approvers would be able to create volunteer shifts and export the schedule and those who have signed up.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Volunteer management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. our organization wants to assign points (not hours) to volunteer positions because not all jobs are based on time

we would like to be able to change the field that gets tracked, from hours, to points

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hour Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. See all of the organizer contact info

I would like to be able to see the organizer phone number. It is not required. So I do not see the info when I get ready to approve a volunteer. I have to ask them for the phone number so that I can verify the info.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Verifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Uncheck items

I would like to be able to uncheck items when grouping by volunteers. The reports automatically check items that I don’t want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. optimize speed

Every time I am on this site it is painfully slow.
    Slow to load, slow to approve, slow to confirm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to edit/delete/change the categories under Event Sign-Ups

When creating new Event Sign-up opportunities, I've created a few categories already, but need a way to edit or delete these. Even just have an "edit" button for these would be helpful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base