Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Help us grow Track it Forward and make it better! Suggest new ideas, improvements to the current site, and vote on other ideas. We will be reviewing this list constantly and using the suggestions and the amount of votes they have to decide on what to build next! — James

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create event over multiple days

Some of our activities require volunteers from Friday evening to Sunday evening - it would be good to see the volunteer activity show as three days vs one in the calendar.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vote It Up  ·  3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deadlines for event sign ups

So, the organizer can be able to close the event a day or two earlier to stop people from signing up for an event. (ie. deadline)

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to record RSVP as a NO

We use Events to see who is coming to a meeting. We need to know who is definitely not coming as well as those who are coming. Not being able to record a NO for RSVP is confusing to many of our volunteers. A negative RSVP should be for the whole event and not individual shifts.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Having a timesheet report that can be sent directly to volunteers to review

E-mail button on timesheet page to e-mail directly to volunteer

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Admins can see individual dashboards

It would be great if admins could see individual volunteer dashboards the way the volunteers sees their own dashboard. Currently, when a volunteer's name is selected, a list of all entered hours is displayed (in the order they were submitted). It would be nicer to see each category with the milestone graphic instead of text based list.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share documents/message board

A general area where documents can be posted for volunteers to be able to access.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Deferred, Open for Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Web portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Milestone Notification/Award Certificate

Automatically generated and emailed to volunteer or manager for distribution (manager choice). Something to automatically let the students know when they've achieved milestone.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  2 comments  ·  Milestones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Event wait list feature

Incorporate a way for volunteers to sign up to a wait list if a particular shift or event is full. This would help reduce the effect of late cancellations. Currently achieving this by adding an additional shift labelled 'WAIT LIST' but a set feature could be useful.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Milestone Completion Report

Looking for a report or export that shows when a volunteer completed the milestone and/or if they already received their reward.

I need an easy way to quickly see which volunteers already received their reward vs. which volunteers recently completed their hours. Due to the high volume of volunteers, I need this data as an export.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Milestones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Volunteer hour certificates/resumes

Generate Certificates for Volunteers for the amount of hours they've done

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  1 comment  ·  Hour Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Customized Event Registration and Reminder Emails

Hi. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to create custom messages for registration and reminder emails. The feature already exists for cancellation instructions.

If at all possible, I'd like the messages to carry over with duplicated events. It will save me so much time.

Thank you.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customizable event registration

I would like to be able to customize event registration. I would like to be able to add fields such as t-shirt size, location preference for volunteering, number of people attending (if a group), etc.

This advanced registration option would allow you to gather information about your volunteer that is specific to your organization!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Vote It Up  ·  2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like volunteers to be able to sign a volunteer waiver when they sign up for an event. it could be a check box that says they have r

It is hard to get people to sign the volunteer agreements that are required. If you could add the agreement and they click a box that they have read and understand the volunteer agreement. this could before an event sign up.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-email when a new volunteer is "approved" by an admin.

Is there a way to send an auto-email/message when a volunteer is "approved" by our admin?

Something like, "Thank you for applying with [organization name]. Welcome to our Team! You may now access our full volunteer portal system, and we look forward to seeing you at our next volunteer orientation...."

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability go to next event from event page

From the event view page, have a button for next event or previous event. This would alleviate having to go back to the main calendar of events when you need to go through all events to see who or how many signed up for each event.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove rejected hours from timesheet total

Right now, the total hours on a volunteer's timesheet includes rejected hours. It would be helpful to differentiate between total hours submitted vs. total hours approved.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hour Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk Duplicate Event w/volunteers signed up

I would like to be able to sign up a volunteer for a shift, and then bulk duplicate that event so the volunteer is assigned to all future events as well. Say I have a recurring event each day of the week, and Larry is going to be on every Tuesday event. I'd like to make one event and then duplicate so I don't have to sign Larry up for every individual event.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to edit/delete/change the categories under Event Sign-Ups

When creating new Event Sign-up opportunities, I've created a few categories already, but need a way to edit or delete these. Even just have an "edit" button for these would be helpful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cancel event from mobile app

Ability to access my organizer dashboard from my phone to cancel an event if needed

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Event calendar view that shows all scheduled events/RSVPs for the day

It's very important for me to be able to look at the calendar every day and see exactly who is up for events on a given day. Have to click through the event page and hit the plus sign by the RSVP in the bottom right hand corner is not efficient and it's good to be able to view all of that volunteer rsvp information at the same time.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base