Skip to content

Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Help us grow Track it Forward and make it better! Suggest new ideas, improvements to the current site, and vote on other ideas. We will be reviewing this list constantly and using the suggestions and the amount of votes they have to decide on what to build next! — James

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

277 results found

1. Create a mass email function to send one e-mail to all in a project

It would be helpful to be able to create one email and have it sent to all volunteers or a specified group of volunteers

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A mobile app where volunteers can log hours with or without internet connection that auto-syncs once it has internet

My volunteers are constantly in the field and they don't have internet all the time. However, it'd be great if they could log hours even without internet access that would sync up once they get back in internet range.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Posting of volunteer opportunities so volunteers can sign up and track hours against them

I schedule all my volunteers and their volunteer work through a separate system ( email & spreadsheet ) and have them log volunteer hours on OurVolts afterwords. I want to make this process more seamless so I can do all of this on OurVolts.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Event Sign ups from the mobile app

I'd love to see event sign ups added to the mobile app. I don't mind creating the events on the website, but it would be nice for my volunteers to just open the app and click on whatever the can commit to.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Volunteer Schedule as Calendar

Rather than having to go and click on every event I've created to check what volunteers have signed up, I would rather just be able to look at an automatically generated calendar that shows what volunteers are scheduled when.
    This could be accomplished by a feature that would automatically create an event on a calendar every time a volunteer signs up for a shift, and delete that calendar event if that volunteer cancels their shift. The event name would be the volunteer's name. The calendar would be exportable so I could put it in my google calendar.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case you haven’t seen this yet, you can export a whole month of events and see who is signed up for which shifts, as well as their contact information. On the event sign ups page, there is a tab called “export”. Select your date frame and click on export.

6. Resetting hours each year

Keeping the current hours but starting fresh for a new year without losing information or starting over. As it sits now we would have to erase everyone's volunteer hours from last school year - but we don't want to do that. So unless changes are made we'll have to start all over from scratch creating another login.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually start your hours from the beginning by setting the start date in Organizer Dashboard > Settings > More Settings > Other Configurations > Start Date.

The hours won’t be deleted but all reports will be offset from that stat date

7. Deny hours but they don't get deleted.

It would be nice to be able to deny hours instead of deleting them because our organization has criteria that hour submissions must follow. It would be much easier instead of deleting the hours and then the volunteers have to resubmit them. Also high school students don't check their emails so it would be easier for them to see that their hours got denied. It would also show that we have look at that submission and that we can't approve it yet. Once changes are made then the submission would go back to pending approval. In addition to the denying…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Recurring Event Option

When adding a new event include an option for making the event a recurring event as per standard calendar functions you find in existing organiser software. For example, every week (eg. every Wednesday), every 2 weeks (eg. on a Wednesday), every month (eg. first Saturday of the month), daily, etc.. Perhaps take a look at Meetup.com for a good example of this.

This feature would save us heaps of time having to constantly duplicate old events over and over as we have very consistent volunteering days and times. Thank you.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now bulk duplicate events. You can create as many as you want up to 6 months in advance. Choose the day of the week and how many days of the week you’d like to duplicate it for. The biggest difference from a normal recurring events (i.e. in google) is that once the events are duplicated they are all standalone and have to be updated/deleted individually.

9. Customized milestone time periods

If you want to track volunteers who have put in a certain amount of time in your own customized periods, vote here. This would be very useful for schools that need to track and reward parent volunteer time based on semesters, trimesters, or school years.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Decide which fields during signup are required and/or optional (like first name, last name, phone#)

As a charter school, our charter agreement requires each family volunteer 10 hours during the school year. When people sign up, they will enter their email address, but often skip entering their first and last name. I often can't tell who a person is based just on their email. I'd like to be able to select this as a required field when a person signs up or any other field I might really need.

Since I have a bunch of people already signed up with only their email, I would like to be able to send a batch message to…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Today we just released a feature for customizable profiles. Basically if you’re on the paid version, you can:

• Decide on what customizable fields you want to collect
    • Require the fields be filled out before anyone logs any hours, and all done via the embedded form if you are embedding.

To configure this, just go to the edit page of your site and you will see it. The instructions to configure it are a bit complicated, but I tried to be as descriptive as possible.

If you have any suggestions or if you notice something not working, please email me at james@ourvolts.com and I’ll make sure it gets addressed as soon as possible!

Have a great weekend!
    James
    Co-founder of OurVolts

11. View Events and Volunteer Shifts from a Calendar view

AT the moment volunteers have to open each event to see what time they are needed. What if these events were in a calendar view? Then they could automatically see what times to sign up for.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Login via email instead of a username

People often log in via email instead of a username nowadays, can you change it so they can login via email as well?

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Repeating, Monthly Milestones Tracking

This is related to the general milestone tracking. If you'd like to see a monthly awards / milestone report for volunteers, please vote for this (and yes, you can vote for more than one thing!)

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Check in/Check out

To have an option for logging hours where the volunteer can type in a start time and end time

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to "folder" or categorize events instead of one long list

We have several different kinds of events with different repeating periods (some daily, some weekly, etc) and it would be great if we could look at them separately so that we didn't have to weed through all the daily events to see the weekly ones.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We put in some basic categorization of events. If you go to create an event (or edit an existing event), you can now add a category. When viewing the event calendar, an option will appear that says “filter by category” where you can toggle different events by type.

16. Create user accounts for volunteers on my volunteer site

After creating a site, I need to onboard over 100 volunteers. I have all their email addresses and I would like to automatically create accounts for them so they can login and so that I can log hours for them.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SMS text notifications

Some volunteers prefer text communication rather than email. The ability to choose which communication option the volunteer would prefer would be great.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Communication  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let me invite people to OurVolts

I want to be able to send out an email invite for a project, and have people "accept" - then have them get added automatically, without having to go through the process of creating an account.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Admins can see individual dashboards

It would be great if admins could see individual volunteer dashboards the way the volunteers sees their own dashboard. Currently, when a volunteer's name is selected, a list of all entered hours is displayed (in the order they were submitted). It would be nicer to see each category with the milestone graphic instead of text based list.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a skills field that you can choose to print a contact list

I have a group of volunteers that everyone has different skills (e.g. some people do mailings, others do maintenance) I would like to be able to input a skill and create a list of those people who have that capability.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Today we just released a feature for customizable profiles. You’ll be able to make “skill” fields for your volunteers and make sure they fill it out before the enter any hours. Then you can export that user list.

Is that what you were looking for? If so, then its done! If not, let me know and I’ll reopen this issue.

Below are the instructions for the customizable profiles:

Basically if you’re on the paid version, you can:

• Decide on what customizable fields you want to collect
    • Require the fields be filled out before anyone logs any hours, and all done via the embedded form if you are embedding.

To configure this, just go to the edit page of your site and you will see it. The instructions to configure it are a bit complicated, but I tried to be as descriptive as possible.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas and Suggestions for Track it Forward

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base